The LighthouseNOW Progress Bulletin wants to shine a light on the business community and to all those making a difference. Throughout the next several weeks the LighthouseNOW Progress Bulletin wants you to highlight the businesses in our community who deserve recognition.
We believe it’s important in these times, that we all do what we can to support the businesses that are important to us, to help them through this. The businesses nominated will have the chance of being highlighted in those publications and the opportunity to win an advertising package (value of $3000.00), to use when they are ready to ramp up their business once again.
Editors may select special stories from the nominations and highlight them in the pages of coming issues of our magazines and newspapers, in print and/or online.
Shine On stories from our communities
- A concrete COVID idea – June 24, 2020
- Fresh Cuts Market nominated under Shine On campaign – June 24, 2020
- Wool shop knits community together during hard times – June 17, 2020
- Introvert alternative band members get creative with pandemic isolation – June 17, 2020
- Pandemic gives new meaning to “office” supplies – June 10, 2020
- Physio stretches workout service to online – June 10, 2020
- Creative juices flowing in QuaranZine – June 10, 2020
- Cavalcade of clients – June 3, 2020
- Tire giant offers free grub to long-haul drivers – May 27, 2020
- New Germany business donates funds raised from #NovaScotiaStrong decals – May 27, 2020
- Lunenburg centenarian raises money for VON – May 27, 2020
- Chester woman, 91, delivers thank-you notes to seniors’ complex – May 27, 2020
- Rural Riches expands to online – May 27, 2020
- Bookstore turning a page amid the pandemic – May 27, 2020
- Youth charity delivers goodie bags – May 20, 2020
- Tablets, food bank money rolls out to South Shore seniors, vulnerable populations – May 20, 2020
- Buck’s building a business path through the pandemic – May 19, 2020
- Ploughman’s Lunch serving a growing appetite for grocery delivery – May 13, 2020
- Simms Settlement resident prints off needed ear savers, face shields – May 13, 2020
- Lunenburg area COVID victims “both fine” – May 13, 2020
- Brew pub and cidery project in Lunenburg proceeding despite pandemic – May 6, 2020
- United Way offering pandemic aid – May 6, 2020
- Chester area MLA has cameo in promo supporting frontline workers – May 6, 2020
- Lunenburg mayor praises first responders, frontline workers in Day of Mourning address – May 6, 2020
- Equipment drive for front line health workers – May 5, 2020
- MODL claiming a first for public hearings – April 29, 2020
- Van Tassel release aims for tranquility amid struggle – April 22, 2020
- Mental health impacts a concern post-pandemic, says ex-South Shore Health top doc – April 22, 2020
- Pandemic impacting student work placements – April 22, 2020
- Credit union follows nimble COVID response plan – April 22, 2020
- Emergency department doctor, South Shore Public Libraries, partner to create 3D model airway – April 22, 2020
- Artist’s sketches draw pandemic’s people together – April 15, 2020
- LQBEA offers advice for businesses struggling in pandemic – April 15, 2020
- Bookstores turning a page amid the pandemic – April 15, 2020
- Palliative care society salutes hospital ‘superheroes’ with special signage – April 15, 2020
- Local firms create fun, protection during pandemic – April 15, 2020
- Chester company donates masks, gloves, eye wear to COVID-19 mitigation effort – April 8, 2020
- Local MP offers message of reassurance concerning cabinet portfolio – April 8, 2020
- COVID-19 steers local businesses onto information highway – April 1, 2020
Together we shine brighter
It’s what we do as Atlantic Canadians. We’re here for each other and the world. We bring a sense of community and culture into everything we create.
We are a burst of positivity wherever we go. We want to celebrate that part of the culture and day-to-day of Atlantic Canada through our information, stories and culture.
We truly do… Shine On.